Imagine Yoga & Wellness Inc.
"Providing Yoga & Wellness Support to people of all abilities"
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING INSTRUCTORS TO TEACH ACCESSIBLE YOGA AND DANCE!
IS THAT YOU?!
WHAT DOES AN INSTRUCTOR WITH IYW DO?
Imagine Yoga & Wellness Inc (IYW) Instructors are ambassadors for IYW and experts in their specialty. As an IYW Instructor you uphold and promote the quality of our classes by conducting classes or workshops, making them accessible to all within the community.
You lead and help to promote your classes. You ensure that the participants experience movement and wellness in an accessible, welcoming, fun, safe and effective way.
WHY BECOME AN IYW INSTRUCTOR?
You are passionate about health, well-being and mindfulness and want to share that passion with others. You are an experienced instructor/coach and you feel a strong pull to work with individuals with special needs and disabilities and/or children and/or older adults. It is a core value of yours to make movement and wellness accessible to all individuals and will strive to find safe and effective ways to adapt and modify your teaching to promote an all-inclusive environment and energy.
By joining our team, you will ultimately make a difference and have a positive impact on your participants thereby enhancing their quality of life!
WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES FOR BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR WITH IYW?
• A certification, degree, or diploma in a movement or wellness related field – i.e. yoga, dance, pilates, reiki, nutrition, etc.
• Minimum of one year of active experience teaching or coaching in your field
• Willingness to learn and have the desire to stay up to date in current health and wellness information and learning more about the populations you teach to
• Enthusiasm, excitement, and a love for health and well-being
• Experience teaching individuals with special needs and disabilities, older adults and/or children is an asset
• Having access to a gym, studio or other suitable environment with proper teaching requirements to host classes out of (i.e. classroom for yoga, dance, etc.,) would be an asset
WHERE DO I START AND HOW DO I APPLY?
The application process is pretty simple:
1. Complete the application form.
2. Provide your professional resume and list of 3 professional references.
3. Provide copies of your professional certification(s), document(s), and CPR.
4. Provide proof of a current vulnerable sector check acquired within the last six months.
5. Submit an 8-10 minute video reflective of the form of movement or modality you wish to teach (e.g. teaching a segment of a yoga, pilates or dance class, you leading a meditation, etc.)
6. Submit a professional headshot photo saved in a JPEG or PNG format and a short bio.
Submit your application to:
Once your application is received, a confirmation will be sent along with next steps. We look forward to hearing from you!